HOUSTON – The Houston Well being Division is being bombarded by calls about coronavirus testing someday after Mayor Sylvester Turner introduced that testing can be open to everybody.
The HHD telephone strains opened at 9 a.m., and simply two hours later, the company mentioned it had already given out greater than 300 distinctive ID codes for folks to get examined.
In a tweet, the HHD mentioned it was including operators and contours to the decision facilities.
Turner additionally shared a tweet saying the system was overwhelmed and for folks to please be affected person.
In simply two hours, we have already supplied greater than 300 distinctive ID codes for folks to be examined for #COVID19 at our group primarily based testing websites. We’re including extra operators and contours to our name heart. Thanks on your response and persistence. https://t.co/lvhtlizSmW
— Houston Well being Dept (@HoustonHealth) April 14, 2020
Throughout his daily update Monday, Turner introduced that Houston’s two public testing websites had doubled the capability and will now take a look at 500 folks at every location.
Turner additionally introduced that testing can be opened as much as anybody who needed it, not simply individuals who had been displaying signs.
Individuals can name 832-393-4220 between 9 a.m. and seven p.m. to obtain a novel identification code and directions on the place to go for testing and how you can get hold of their take a look at outcomes.
Extra coronavirus protection
• Discover circumstances by zip code: Harris County heat map shows coronavirus cases by ZIP code
• Circumstances by county: A breakdown of how many coronavirus cases there are by county in the Houston area
• Answering your questions: We’ve got answers to dozens and dozens of your health and financial coronavirus questions
• Haley’s Well being Inbox: KPRC 2 reporter Haley Hernandez answers questions readers are sending her every day
• Coronavirus charts: Who is getting coronavirus in the Houston area? We’ve crunched the data in these charts
• Comply with the curve: This chart shows you the curve for Houston cases since March 15
• When it can peak: This is when each state is expected to peak in deaths from coronavirus
• Assist Native: Find all the ways you can help local businesses in Houston
Copyright 2020 by KPRC Click2Houston – All rights reserved.